Terms & Conditions
Fonebak provides a safe, efficient and rewarding way to recycle your mobile phone, iPod and certain laptops. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before you agree to proceed. By agreeing to proceed you will be bound by these terms and conditions. You should print and keep a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
Things you need to know
In using Fonebak site ("Site") and when agreeing to sell your device, you will be making a contract with Regenersis (Glasgow) Ltd (registered company SC112872), 32 Fountain Drive, Inchinnan Business Park, Inchinnan, Renfrewshire, PA4 9RF) ("Regenersis").
Up until you despatch your device, you may cancel the contract by not sending us your device. However, once you send us your device you are not able to cancel the contract whether under Regulatio 10 of the Distance Selling Regulations or otherwise.
Although your contract with us is created when you receive our "transaction complete" screen (step 6), our obligation to purchase your device, at a price to be assessed by us, is created only when we receive your device (registered on the Site) at the address stated below.
By sending your device to us, you are agreeing to accept the price we offer for such device after it is received by us, based upon our assessment of the device applying the valuation criteria (see below: Determining the value of your device) and to sell your device to us for that price.
- The Site is only intended for use by people resident in Great Britain and Northern Ireland, accessing the Site from within the UK.
- You must be legally capable of entering into a binding contract;
- You are at least 18 years old; or have the permission of your parent or guardian to send us your device.
- You must own all rights, title and interests in any device that you send to us.
- You are responsible for cancelling any airtime contract linked to the device. We are not responsible for any call costs arising before or after we receive your device.
- Once you send your device to us, it cannot be returned.
- We use CheckMend which is a database of all devices that have been reported as lost, stolen or involved in criminal activity. If the device you send in appears on this database, it will be quarantined and the authorities will be notified. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- We pay for the postage. When you register on-line we will send you a pre-paid first class recycling bag. However, we cannot be held responsible, or pay for, any devices lost within the mail system. If you are sending us a high value device (more than £35), we recommend you send it to us via Royal Mail Special Delivery to:
32 Fountain Drive
Inchinnan Business Park
- If your device gets lost within the postal system, we can advise you on the best way to make a claim against the Royal Mail but we cannot guarantee that this will be successful.
- To ensure that you receive the price shown on our website, you must register on-line on the Site on the date you obtained the valuation, the device must be in the condition estimated (or in the absence of an estimate, grade A condition) and we must receive the device within 14 days from the date that you registered the device.
- Payment (cheque or bank transfer) will be issued within seven (7) days of receipt of the device(s).
- Your statutory rights are not affected by these terms and conditions.
What you can do for us
Make sure your device:
- Belongs to you
- Turns on and is in a reasonable working condition (although we may offer a reduced value depending on the condition of your device, see below)
- Has its battery
- Is not barred or water damaged
- Is listed on our website. Any devices that are not listed on our website and are over 5 years old will be recycled responsibly but you will not receive any money for them.
- Is the correct model. If we find that the model you registered is different from the device we receive, then we will issue the payment applicable to the device received
- Has the SIM card, memory stick, memory card or other storage media removed
- Is cleared of data (contacts, videos, pictures, messages, music, etc.) Although we will erase data from device(s), we strongly advise that you remove your personal data before you send your device(s) to us
Determining the value of your device
You will receive the full value shown on our website as long as your device is in good cosmetic condition (no scuffs or scratches), is fully functional, exhibits no damage and has the battery and back cover intact.
We will carefully assess the condition of your device and your payment will reflect this. To assist you to work out how much you may expect to receive, take a look at the table below and see which description best suits your device:
Definition of Handset / type of Damage*
The device powers up, it works, and it is not barred or pin locked. But it has one of the following faults:
The device has one of the following faults:
** Phones under these conditions will also be reported to the relevant authority.* This list is not exhaustive and fonebak.com reserves the right to amend this list at any time.
Please ensure you remove your SIM card before sending us your device as SIM cards contain personal details. Regenersis will not accept liability if SIM cards are sent. SIM cards received will be securely destroyed. Please ensure you also remove your memory card before sending us your device. Unfortunately once we have received any of these items, we are unable to return them and they will also be securely destroyed.
Although we will remove any data contained on the device, it is highly recommended that you clear off all data on your device, including contacts, SMS and picture messages, videos, music and any other data that may be personal to you. Fonebak.com nor Regenersis can not be held responsible for data retained on devices.
All offers displayed on the Fonebak.com website are subject to change without notice, to receive the price shown on the Site you must comply with these terms and conditions.
We may refuse to process a sale if we think it is reasonable to do so. This may include (but is not limited to) where: we identify a valuation error on the website; or you fail to meet any criteria for eligibility which we impose from time to time; or you fail to submit all necessary and relevant details for us to complete the sales process; or fail to send us your mobile phone/device; or where your mobile phone/device is damaged or does not comply with the Terms; or it is an imitation, copy or otherwise a non-genuine make or model.
When and how we send you the cash
Where possible, we will issue a cheque or make a bank transfer within seven (7) days from the day your device has been tested/graded and confirmed to meet our terms and conditions. However, at busy times of the year we cannot guarantee that payments will be processed within this timescale. Cheques will be made payable to the name and address details you supplied. Bank transfers will be paid to the bank account details you supplied. PLEASE ENSURE THAT THIS INFORMATION IS COMPLETE AND ACCURATE AS YOU CANNOT CHANGE THESE DETAILS ONCE ACCEPTED THROUGH THE fonebak.com WEBSITE.
Once items are sent to us they can not be returned.
Damaged and lost devices
We pay for the postage when you send your device to us using the pre-paid first class envelope. However, we cannot be held responsible, nor pay for, any devices lost within the mail system. If you are sending us a high value device (more than £35), we recommend you send it to us via Royal Mail Special Delivery to:
32 Fountain Drive
Inchinnan Business Park
Regenersis does not take any responsibility for the loss or damage to any devices (including mobile phones, iPods, laptops, accessories or other electrical equipment) before we receive it. We strongly recommend that all our customers protect their devices with packaging to minimise the risk of damage. The recycling bag supplied does not guarantee that the device will be received in the same condition as when it was sent.
By sending your device to us, you agree to release us from all and any claims, losses or damages with respect to the data stored or contained therein or on any media used in conjunction with the device.
Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by any applicable law Regenersis shall be liable to you or any third party for any incidental loss, nor any loss of profit or opportunity.
Copyright and legal notices
This contract is made under the laws of England and the parties accept the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
The Information presented at this Site and contained on this Server is protected by a compilation copyright in the United Kingdom and in other countries. In addition, certain included Information is copyrighted by others. Copying, storing in machine-readable form, downloading, selling, publishing or otherwise disseminating the Information you is strictly prohibited without the prior written consent of Regenersis plc. The information contained at this Site and on this Server is the property of Regenersis plc.
The Information contained at the Site on this Server is subject to change without prior notice in particular, Regenersis reserves the right to make changes to any products or services described or referenced to in the Site on this Server at any time without prior notice. Regenersis shall not be responsible for the direct or indirect consequences of the use of the Information contained at this Site on this Server.
All rights reserved.
All trademarks acknowledged.